Saturday, October 28, 2006

Update on data conversion...

Now in our fourth day of the new system already. Not everything is peachy. Locally in Kingman things seem to be going alright with the exception that our subdivisions list never worked properly and so the staff has begun to manually input 350 such subdivisions so it can be a searchable set. Fun.

The worst I've heard though was from our neighbors in Bullhead City. I don't understand the specifics, but it sounds pretty bad. What I understand is that basically the data was unusable on the new system, that the converted data was basically useless.

Of course the vendor is working on the issues probably as I type this.

I've been told over and over again that data conversions are never easy or flawless.

I do like the new Innovia system that we are using, however I was frustrated as could be on Wednesday as I began to play with the system. Dummy me never went to a training and I had to call the vendor to get the URL. After that though, I've started to get the hang of it. One feature that I do like (that we didn't have before) is that I can save a partial listing. I have a new listing that will hit the market on Monday and I have entered in all the data already and merely have to make a few mouse clicks and it will be a live listing. I'm sure there will be other features I find handy in the days ahead.

No comments: