Monday, December 29, 2008

Local gas prices...

Not for nothing, but I have had some questions via Internet on the price of gas in Kingman... why it is so high in comparison to other locations in Arizona.

Here is an article from the KDMiner stating the local average is $1.87
.

I understand economics just barely enough to know that at times like these, profits are being taken. I'm cool with that... expected holiday traffic can come with a bump of price at the pump.

But then I see this... gas in Phoenix is down to $1.50 a gallon. Both articles appear on the same day. I filled up in Las Vegas on Christmas for $1.70 a gallon.

Since I relocated to Kingman in 2000, gas prices were traditionally lower in Kingman than in any other area in the near region. Just not the case these days.

But hey... don't forget to shop local!!

Update:



Included in that price yesterday was blowing snow and sub freezing temps!!

No comments: