Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thanks for checking in...

Thanks to all of you who have checked in over the last week or so to see what some folks are talking about in the community as we approached election day, and watched the results, and now are reacting to those results.

I'm happy to see some new and fresh faces leaving comments as well. Those comments are for anyone to utilize, as long as the comments don't include foul language or slander anyone.

I consider this a citizen opinion page where anyone should feel free to post their thoughts on the issues that face our city, county, and state. Of course this blog will remain real estate themed and I will continue to offer market and sales reports a couple of times a month.

I am not a news reporter though, and never want to be one. I did write for my high school newspaper back in the day but I never had any true intentions to do the jobs like the folks at the Kingman Daily Miner do. I've had the chance to meet a few of the reporters over the last year and there is no way that I would tell any of them how to do their jobs or give them advice. I'm sure the young local journalists that I have met will have fulfilling and successful careers in their line of work for years to come.

Many folks have asked me if I'm ever going to respond to a column that appeared in last Friday's edition of the Miner. The answer is, no I'm not. I'm a big boy and can take the criticism that the writer offered. Still, that opinion piece won't be stopping me from presenting my disagreements with other opinions on important issues as I see them. Luckily this is still a free country with freedom of speech still protected by our Constitution. And this blog thingy here... makes it easy to share my disagreements on the issues as I see them.

I hope others will start blogging or hosting forums for discussion (heck, I'd love to see the Miner or the Standard host their own blog for real time discussion). I'm not trying to corner any market with MOCO. No better time than the present, in my opinion, to jump into the 21st century and begin the process of collaboration of ideas on issues that are important to folks. It has become a hobby of sorts for me (it is killing my golf game that is for sure). I spend more free time writing stuff for this blog than I do watching sports on TV, playing recreational sports, fishing, and the other activities that I like to do. Bottom line though, this blog is my choice.

Cheers to all of you for making MOCO Real what it has become to me, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now... let's see what we can do about getting more people to actually vote in this community. Let's collaborate on that idea and make a real difference. That is your challenge, if you choose to accept it.

No comments: