Saturday, November 10, 2007

Do's and don'ts for comments

One more time, I want to refresh some ground rules for leaving comments here at MOCO. I will use a recent comment made yesterday to give an example of what is good to go, and what is not so good to go.

Had to post one more to applaud the most negative thing about Kingman in Kingman--this blog.


This... this is just fine. MOCO can take the criticism. It can take it when folks lash out against it. Get it off your chest's folks, use MOCO as your whipping boy. MOCO allows for free association, free will, and welcomes all voices in the community. MOCO realizes that the issues published here are often serious in nature and that it may result in heated discussion. Stick to the issue though, keep the conversation going.

Truth be told Kathy you were being a ***** when you said that. Your smiley faces don't hide anything when backed up by your amigos here.

Classic trolling and this is a no-no. Personal attacks, especially against folks that leave comments at MOCO, is prohibited. Comments like this will be edited and/or deleted by the discretion of MOCO Real.

I'm sure at times that I will let some traditional 'can't say that on TV' words slide in comments, but absolutely no way will I let those kinds of words be used in an attack on another commenter or even a person in the community that is not a participant at MOCO.

If used properly, the comment forum can be used as a valuable tool to further discussion. I love the discussion... all aspects of it. I think it can be very healthy. I respect the people that will leave a comment and the last thing I want to do is edit the things that are said. Stuff like above leaves me no real option though.

Oh and Kenneth, go build some more crappy duplexes in one of the worst neighborhoods in Kingman where you paid too much for the land. Wasn't a guy shot there the other day, that's right he was. Good luck selling those. You can have a nice circle jerk after you file for bankruptcy.


I'd also like to see the violent imagery come to a halt. This rule would also apply to the 'amigos' as well.

Today I'm using a particular comment as an example. The next time I see something like this, it will get deleted most likely with predjudice.

Now there was one thing I did want to respond to the person that left the comment I have been using this morning as an example...

Kingman does need to grow but not at the public's expense.


So... how do you like the idea that the one from RAID, such as a spokesperson, through which views are expressed, shared about using public funding to enhance the land for the stake holders that stand to benefit the most at Rattlesnake Wash??

The state of Arizona has already agreed to pay for 70% of the phase one cost (with public funding) and now Kingman will likely be asked to pay for the remaining 30% and the 100% cost of the phase two part of the full project.

Don't forget now that the person you called out in your comment has already admitted that she is paying a hefty assessment for curbing and sidewalks in front of her home. While the city may have foot the bill up front, the beneficiary is repaying the cost.

Seriously dude, I'd love to see your answer. I've already said that I'd be willing to increase my property tax bill and support a proposed bond for the Rattlesnake Wash project. I also voted on last Tuesday in favor of the bonds that were on the ballot for various improvements. I consider that a very consistent viewpoint. Kingman needs improvements and sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and pay for those improvements ourselves as a public body. I don't consider what the one from RAID, such as a spokesperson, through which views are expressed, has proposed to be consistent at all. In fact I think her proposal is dripping with hypocrisy.

What say you??

No comments: