Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The big news in the industry...

On September 3rd this gem of an article was published by the NYTimes. Please read it over when you have a moment. To me this article represents part of the all out assault on the real estate business. Yes of course there happens to be many more challengers on the market for various levels of service that a consumer would find useful in a real estate transaction to choose from these days, I don't deny it and in fact I have my arms wide open to those challengers.

I'd like to do a lengthy post here to tell you all of the in's and out's of the NYTimes piece, but Jim Kimmons at Transforming Real Estate pretty much nailed it.

As agents and brokers, we are way overdue with educating the public on the service we provide and in turn, how we are compensated. I've said it before that all things are negotiable in coming to an agreement to hire a real estate agent to help you buy or sell real estate. There is no one way, or one rule to follow.

No comments: