Monday, February 02, 2009

No...

Enough with the nanny state bull-crap. I know for a fact that accidents happened on the roads and freeways of this state before the invention of the cell phone ever occurred.

Personally, I don't care if you talk on the phone, fix your lipstick, chow down on a cheeseburger, adjust the radio, read a book, or whatever when you are behind the wheel. I just ask that you be responsible for your actions, nothing more -- nothing less. It is the same thing I offer the other motorists on the roads as a bare minimum. Accidents happen for many reasons, sometimes for no reason at all other than the occurrence of an accidental happenstance.

Maybe the government should outlaw accidents, instead of going after silly things like this.

The cell phone ban itself is not what bugs me. I might use my phone for about 1% of the total driving time I'm in my vehicle. If this is passed into law, it won't have a dramatic affect on my life... but I am troubled about the threats to my liberty. Enough is enough.

No comments: