Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Entertainment options tonight in Kingman...

If you haven't heard, the old movie theater is open once again right here in jolly old Kingman. As of this moment I don't know what movie choices are available there but the movie about the dog and the family... well I'll admit I got a little misty towards the end (darn those Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows movies of long ago... and I don't even have a canine companion... I'm getting soft).

Also on tap is the season premiere of that singing show that so many millions of people are drawn to. You know, karaoke used to be fun until this show became popular... now everyone at karaoke shows up and sings their heart out. Almost like a try out for the show. For those like me practically tone deaf and without a singing voice that even includes one octave, it is not worth working up (or drinking up) the courage to belt out my favorite Sinatra tune (It Was a Very Good Year).

Well, if either of those two options don't float your entertainment boat... don't forget that tonight is my premiere as a panel member of the planning and zoning commission. We are talking about probably a couple of hours of raucous diversion from your otherwise scintillating affairs on a Tuesday night. We have nine items on the agenda, that is right, nine. Rezones, conditional use permits, and preliminary subdivision plats... oh my!! And don't forget that it is two for one night when you drag someone along, not only will you get in free but so will the other person... I don't know how much longer they can keep that promotion going, really.

In the words of Maximus Decimus Meridius "Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"

No comments: