Thursday, May 24, 2007

Traffic Study by ADOT

I've wanted to share these documents for about 3 weeks now. My problem was I didn't know how to upload documents that I could use as links on the blog. I finally called my wife's son Cullen, from Linn Logistics right here in Kingman for a solution. He has offered me some server space so that I can link to files that I want to share. I really should use Cullen a lot more as a resource for computer related issues. Please click on the link I've provided if you find yourself in a similar situation and need some solutions.

Please click on the following three links... link one, link two, and link three. What you will be looking at is a traffic study that speaks for itself.

Pay close attention to where the blue line heads south and links up with the street named Seneca. The colored numbers represent the amount of traffic that will use Seneca from Hualapai Mountain Rd. to Southern Ave. under three different scenarios.

The green figure shows the expected traffic in 2014 if neither interchange is built by then. The number in red is the traffic count if only an interchange is built at Rattlesnake Wash. It is the most favorable number. However the blue number is only 200 higher than the red number, and the blue number points to the traffic number if an interchange is built at Kingman Crossing (along with an interchange at Rattlesnake Wash).

I'm pointing out the Seneca St. area for obvious reasons (if you have been following along lately), but please look how other areas will likely be affected by this report. I only wish that there was data for Stockton Hill Rd. that is located just west (running north and south) of the maps provided.

Current residents of this southeastern part of Kingman are either taking Eastern to Airway Underpass to cross Andy Devine/Route 66 (which is still not a great route) or hitting Hualapai Mountain Rd. (which turns into Stockton Hill Rd. once you cross Andy Devine) and getting snarled on Stockton Hill traffic.

Both interchanges open up all kinds of different and productive access routes for the residents of this area. Keep in mind also that this part of town is almost all residential (there is some commercial areas along Hualapai Mountain Rd.). There are some commercial (like grocery and retail) areas just on the other side of the train tracks but only accessible by very limited routes right now.

This current reality may be alright for residents that don't go to work everyday or that are retired. I've listed and sold homes all throughout this area since I've been a real estate agent and most of my clients were of working age, meaning they have to use these limited routes often. The interchange proposed for Kingman Crossing will likely be constructed (one way or another) well before the one at Rattlesnake Wash has even broken ground, and thereby giving those residents much needed improvements to access the Interstate and the central to northern areas of Kingman WITHOUT HAVING TO USE STOCKTON HILL.

This interchange near the Kingman Crossing area will improve the quality of life for the citizens of Kingman there can be no doubt. Again, I'm only talking about the infrastructure improvement here, not about any commercial project or about agreements the city may make with developers in the area. I will say this though, whoever builds the interchange is going to be a hero in this city.

No comments: