Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Has this ever happened to you?

I just got that call again, you know the one. It goes like this, "I was just looking at your listing and it says that it's new construction with one bathroom, is that right?"

My first thought is, here we go again. This is where I launch into my speech about how our listings are 'picked up' by other websites such as Realtor.com and some of the information when it is shared doesn't move over as clean as we would all like and unfortunately, we as real estate professionals have posted that information accurately on our own multiple listing service (which we pay for) and yes we could have some control if we choose to pay for each of these sites which pick up our feed and input the data manually and I go on and on closing with.....that's why if you call, interview and choose a buyers agent to represent you with your real estate transaction, that agent will then take your criteria and match it with accurate information from the multiple listing service and arrange personalized tours for you saving you oodles of time and will then provide you with a comprehensive market analysis when the time comes for you to make a decision and an offer........

I love the internet and I love the information it affords each and everyone of us. I also love the idea that we as real estate professionals have the opportunity to use these avenues to assist our sellers but the inaccuracies are so frustrating....but....someday their will be one national source for listings without errors or data sharing issues and I do hope it happens soon, come on NAR.

No comments: