Saturday, April 21, 2007

Rumors...

Todd talked about all the rumors circulating around Kingman as to the status of one of the larger developments and it's developer. I have to say it's been an entire week and I am still hearing some strange things. I was in a local grocery store, not where one would expect to be hearing about such a topic. I am not one to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help hearing what was being said. Not only were the 'facts' incorrect (although none of us knows the real story but what was being said could be nothing but pure fiction), but it appeared that both parties were trying to trump one another to make their individual stories more absurd. The whole thing reminded me of the forwards we all receive in our email in-box, half of which is not true either, but stories or urban legends that folks find more interesting than the truth. I find it odd that folks just love the dramatic over the truth.

I have decided personally that I will not repeat anything that is not a fact from a trusted source or answer any questions with any information I have heard that I can not verify as absolute fact. The rumors are spreading like wildfire and I see no good can come from adding to it.

Let the greater part of the news thou hearest be the least part of what thou believest. - Francis Quarles

No comments: