Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dear Fellow KGVAR Members...

The post yesterday about the loss of control of the 'Real Estate Guide' has spurred me to inform you of the following.

I'm all too happy to take up the fight on this issue. As you know I've been a willing combatant on a wide range of issues since I have been in leadership. I've also lost my fair share of battles, while winning some others.

I don't consider the 'Real Estate Guide' my issue. It is part of a larger issue to me and because of that I'm willing to stick my neck out some at the Association level and of course at the WARDEX level.

But I have to warn you, my sword swings true and cuts deep. It will be better that you be behind me and ready to take the line if I may fall. In other words your voice needs to be heard, I will not speak for you alone as your proxy.

I have requested that this issue be put on the agenda at the next Board of Directors meeting for the Association. The meeting is next week April 19th starting at 9:00am as the Association office. I know that I will be asking the Board of Directors and the Association to make a strong recommendation to WARDEX to reverse their earlier decision to end the mutual agreement our Association had with the Kingman Daily Miner.

Our Association alone no longer controls the data from the MLS so this is not something that we can accomplish at the local level. We must have a strong show of unity when we approach the WARDEX Board of Directors to gain the influence needed to restore what the Association worked so hard for back in 2004.

If we are successful at the local level in gaining the support of the KGVAR Board of Directors, I will announce the next open meeting for the WARDEX Board of Directors meeting along with the location and time (I don't remember it right now other than it is the first Wednesday of May). I will ask you again to let your voice be heard and demand the return of benefits that you and your clients have lost.

It is clearly your turn.

No comments: