Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My Newsletter??

With all of the talk about the Rhodes development in the Golden Valley area, all the rumors and such, I've been getting contacted at times from members of the media. Here is my recent stuff from this article found on the East Valley Tribune site.

Todd Tarson, past president of the Kingman-Golden Valley Association of Realtors, defended Rhodes in an electronic posting on his newsletter April 14.

Tarson also urged his fellow agents to contact elected officials to voice support for the Pravada development.

In an interview with the Tribune, Tarson said he is concerned that if Rhodes drops his plans in Mohave County it would create an impression that the area is unfriendly to developers and damage the economy. Though he encouraged other agents to contact elected officials, it is not part of an organized effort, he said.

“There are certain city and county leaders who seem to want to put a kink in some of the development plans in Mohave County,” Tarson said. “Some of those people need to be reminded that this is a growing community and there is lots of potential for businessminded, professional people to enhance their lives. I don’t want to see that go away.”


I said what I said, but what gets me is MOCO Real is not a newsletter... it is a blog. I wish the journalist would have referenced MOCO Real in his article. Especially since he took information from it.

Oh well... this is the same journalist that has been writing some scathing articles about Jim Rhodes personally about his history in Las Vegas. I have no comment on that stuff other than to say that if Rhodes has met all regulations and the permitting needed to get his development off the ground - I gladly support his efforts.

As far as my quote about 'certain' City and County officials that would like to put a kink into development in this area goes... yes I do believe that some of the elected leaders have other interests that don't fall exactly in line with what I believe. However, I hold no proof or inside information about any one particular elected official. Only the sense that their interest is other based on public comment and what I see or hear in the media. In other words... I have my opinions.

No comments: