Monday, April 02, 2007

Play Ball...

Talking sports here for a second.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball.


The new baseball season is upon us. Now baseball is not my favorite pastime as far as sports events are concerned, but it is close. I do love the game and love the new feeling I get when the new season begins.

Some of you may know that I am a Philadelphia Phillies fan and this season brings us fans some real promise that we haven't seen in a long time. (I say some of you know because I posted a bit about the Phillies and specifically the player Ryan Howard during last season and I still get hits on this site because of it)

This Phill's take the field in about 15 minutes. Normally I would do my best to try and catch the game on the television somewhere but I have too much to do around the office today. I will be getting updates from the Internet though (what a lovely creation the Internet has been for a sports fan on the go like me). Today is only game one and I won't live or die by the outcome of the game. But, if like in seasons past, the Phill's start out bad and we end up many games behind in the standings -- I've been known to get a little testy about it.

As soon as last season ended I immediately could not wait for this one to start. The Phillies really some great young players (Chase Utley and Ryan Howard) that are right now star quality. I was able to attend a game last year in Phoenix when they visited but I don't think I will be able to this year because I may be on a fishing trip in Michigan when they are scheduled to play the D-Backs in May. Hopefully I will be able to catch them in another park out west (maybe Jeff Brown of BawldGuy Talking reads this and picks up a few tickets and offer an invite to San Diego?? Not a real expectation Jeff, as I haven't looked at the schedule and I do have a very busy summer ahead of me).

I'll just be happy to hear the magic words of "play ball" once again. If you are not a Phillies fan I wish your team success, just not when they are playing the Phightin' Phills.

Update:

Ah, crap... the Phill's lost in extra innings today... the season is over!!

No comments: