Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Caught my eye...

I was heading in a restaurant for a late dinner last night and out of the corner of my eye I see a headline that says, "It's a buyers market -- like never before" with a photo of a nice couple out in front of their home next to their broker's real estate for sale sign (nice little free promo for that Realtor).

Anyway the headline comes from the Arizona Republic which happens to be the main newspaper from Phoenix. Here is a link to the article.

Now I don't know about the 'like never before' statement, maybe it is. This is the first time I am experiencing such a strong buyers market since I became your friendly REALTOR.

Here are a couple of key points

So what is driving the numbers? Analysts point to several things:

• Sellers are unrealistic. Many are pricing homes higher than what buyers are willing to pay.

• It's partly cyclical. Sellers dust off their homes after the holidays and put them back on the market for the spring buying season.

Investors are unloading homes. Those left over from the boom are trying to get rid of houses that are declining in value.

(Emphasis mine on the above)

Wow, sellers... you are being called out even by the media now. The media, although, was nice enough to offer some market advice linked here.

Consider this a primer for the sales report that is due to follow shortly.

No comments: