Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A little spring cleaning of my own...

Yvonne had a nice post about spring cleaning last week. Well I cleaned up this place (MOCO Real) a bit yesterday. I upgraded the blog to the new blogger platform. It will now be easier to add stuff to the site so that is nice. In the end though, not much has changed other than cleaning up some of the HTML (whatever that is... you know I still don't get it).

Yesterday, with broom and dust bin in hand, I managed to take part in buyer side commissions over at a new to me blog Real Opinionated.com, it is nice to see these conversations picking up. Even Greg at BloodhoundBlog got in the act on his site and his explanations, especially in the comments, are brilliant.

I did the sales report for March and will be showing that later.... not good, not good at all.

Zillow.com is up to some good things, everyone needs to see this site and search the Kingman area. I posted about 50 homes that are currently for sale in the Walleck Ranch and Rancho Santa-Fe subdivisions. No, those are not my listings, but I utilized a tool that allows me to notify Zillow that certain homes are listed for sale (of course I posted the actual listing broker info on the notifications). The actual listing agent can come along and update those listings with photos and other bits of info if they choose. Until then if you are looking for property in either of those subdivisions you will see my photo and link when you click on the more information area. I believe the term is electronic farming, and I think it is a great tool.

Zillow even lobbed me a phone call to see how I liked the newer enhancements. I asked, no make that -- I begged them to update the mapping in the entire Mohave County area, because even in the two subdivisions I posted information on there were probably another 25 or so I could have only if Zillow knew those addresses.

No comments: