Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Historic evening...

I doubt that my political spectrum matches up exactly with any other person I know or have ever known... but at the risk of stating something that may offend someone, anyone... on a night like tonight -- pretty cool to be an American in this moment in this age.

Especially knowing the obstacles our nation has overcome to get to this very point in history.

I wasn't alive when men and women of our country worked together to send men to the moon and back for the first time.

I wasn't alive when an entire generation of Americans sacrificed so much for the benefit of the future of the country during WWII.

Both great moments in American accomplishment.

In my lifetime, this is the moment that might be on that sort of level.

God bless our country, God bless the United States of America.

No comments: