Monday, November 17, 2008

As a town drowns in debt...

Found an article that was published last Monday in the NY Times and linked here.

A doom and gloom article like all the endless reports from the main stream press on housing these days. I wouldn't have posted it here except for the last quote in the article, copied below...

“My house is underwater, so I’m not doing too much impulse shopping or any renovation. But I’m not cutting back on this,” said Ray Lopez, a database administrator, as he placed a $24 petite sirah on the counter. “Life’s too short.”


See not all is bad in this economy... guns and spirits/booze will probably do alright (and lottery tickets). The housing article and quote remind me of a lyric...

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows they learned to swim

--U2's End of the World


No comments: