Monday, October 29, 2007

Planes, trains, and automobiles

My wife put together a last minute trip for me last Friday. She scored two great tickets for an NFL Football game in Minnesota to see the host Vikings take on MY beloved Eagles from Philly.

I caught a plane on Saturday morning, rode a train to the game, and did the rest via an automobile. This is the second time for me in Minnesota since my wife was promoted to her new job. And for the second time the weather was incredible. I guess global warming is real (and to this point I didn't hear anyone from Minnesota complain).


Plenty of Birds fans on the light rail train we took to the Metrodome. We even joined in on the Eagles Fight song!!


Star QB (sometimes) Donovan McNabb after warm-ups. I'd say he got warmed up pretty good. He threw for more than 300 yards in the game.


And now... YOUR Philadelphia Eagles. I cheered, while others booed. I thought they only booed in Philly?? Guess not.


Taken a moment before Running Back Brian Westbrook scored his second TD of the game. Both Eagles TD's were scored on my side of the field. Lucky me.


The Metrodome is a big place, there were more than 63,000 people in attendance. Someday there will be 63,000 people living in Kingman... if all goes well.


One happy Birds fan!!

Huge thanks to my wife, Gail, for getting the tickets and making this experience happen. She is the greatest. Love ya babe!!

No comments: