Monday, October 22, 2007

Community voices...

Things are starting to heat up in the letters to the editor pages of the Miner. Here is a couple from yesterday's paper. Worth reading.

Try this one...

Do we really want RAID to run the city, even though I support many of their concerns? I don't see any volunteers from their ranks anyway. Or perhaps from that new real estate organization who specializes in "educating us" - who are they? And I know I certainly don't want anyone from the Chamber of Commerce or especially a Realtor or banker in the mayor's office - even though some of them are very nice people, personally, but ... well ... hmmmm ... Who manages Wal-Mart?

(my emphasis)

Yeah... just who are they anyway??

Here is the other...

I must have missed the Miner issue where the newspaper, in fairness to our mayor and Council, listed the names of all of the "RAIDers" and a brief biography of their personal and professional lives (so we know which general contractor, development company or real estate office they work for or own). Fortunately, I expect this information will be available in the foreseeable future. I am sure that Mr. Pennington and his cronies in "Raiders of the Lost Lots" will, because of their great concern for our community, run for office in our next election.


That is just good stuff right there.

No comments: