Thursday, July 05, 2007

See what happens...

when you leave for a week and the temperature goes up a notch??

I knew I was leaving at a most interesting time, but family matters came first... followed by some needed rest and relaxations (landing a few nice fish will help in that way). I'm back safe and sound from the wilderness of Vallecita Lake in Colorado. It was hot there too but luckily an afternoon rain storm moved in on Wednesday to cool us off a bit before an excellent fireworks display was witnessed over two different shores of the lake.

I hope you had a great holiday as well.

I promise, first thing in the morning is the listings report.

I knew about the letter that appeared in the Miner from Mr. Hollingsworth before I left. I want to know some reactions to it. I'm certainly glad that he delivered that message and I hope that others can see why I'm supporting the interchange at Kingman Crossing with such vigor. It could have been a reality by now with some real nice shopping options to boot.

And how about those quotes from Mr. Campana in the Miner and the Standard?? That has to be great water cooler stuff and I can't believe I've missed all that.

“There were multiple bidders but they all backed off because of the referendum,” Campana said. “The referendum changed the dynamics and the viability of the project tremendously because if they (voters) overturn that thing in November what’s going to happen to the Kingman Crossing and the city piece and the interchange?”

Campana said the uncertainty lowers the value of the state land and makes its purchase all the more risky. He said he and other likely bidders are also concerned about the current state of political chaos in the city, including public pressure to terminate the employment of City Manager Paul Beecher.

“The constant turmoil in the city over politics, I mean it’s like World War Three over there,” Campana said. “I just don’t think that’s conducive to an investment climate…Kingman’s got to get its act together, otherwise people aren’t going to invest over there.”

The above taken from the Dave Hawkins piece from The Standard. Lets make sure we have all the info here before we begin to play the blame game. Again though a traffic interchange might already exist at the Kingman Crossing area at this very moment in time, and if it did I bet the amount of bidders for the State Trust lands would have been much higher than zero.

Oh it is going to be fun catching up with all the action. Just too much for now after a long drive home in the hot sun with the still fresh memories of reeling in some nice fat Rainbow Trout and even a few decent Smallmouthed Bass (of course there are stories of the many that got away as well).

See you in the morning.

No comments: