Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Plenty in the news this morning

First, the State Land Department has canceled the auction for the 640 acres south of the city owned lands south of I-40 near Kingman Crossing.

This news puts a kink into the grand plans the city was working on to fund the proposed traffic interchange in that area.

Next up, master plan developer Jim Rhodes did submit an affidavit to the ACC about his employment of Erin Kenny, a former Clark County (Nevada) Commissioner that is on her way to jail for various things that politicians get in trouble for sometimes. The ball is back in the ACC court again and now we all wait to see how they play it. For all the Rhodes detractors that may read this blog let me remind you that I have no dog in this fight and all I really want to see is a decision from the ACC.

Lastly, tonight there is a RAID meeting where the embattled city manager will be in attendance to take questions from the group. I'm sure the public is invited and I think I may make an appearance, if anything to drop off the resolution that I would like to see RAID be a part of.

The city manager stuff is old news by now. The current City Council decided to keep him in spite of the overwhelming public criticism that was on display for a couple of months. Maybe RAID can keep the pressure on the city manager to some degree.

The question I'd ask is the one about when he witnessed a flat bed truck that had just dumped trash on city property, if he called in a report to the police or bothered to try and get a license number.

No comments: