Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Mr. Tarson's Blog"

MOCO Real Estate News was referred to at last nights City Council's meeting. Referred to as Mr. Tarson's blog, anyway.

I have to admit that I wasn't expecting anything like that and in fact I wasn't really listening at the time (add my hearing deficiency to boot) so I don't have the details of what was actually said as of right now.

At the time it was brought up I knew that I was the next person to speak on the issue of delaying the payment of impact fees that the local builders association helped propose to the city. By the time my ears really perked up, the Mayor said that in fact Mr. Tarson was next to speak. When I addressed the council I stated that not everyone reads the blog or something to that affect.

Towards the beginning of the meeting during public comments, I offered my plea to the council to see if it was possible to open up their decision to change the general plan for the land use designation change and reverse their decision... for now. I've served on different boards and each one has different rules on this kind of thing.

I knew it was a long shot, my asking the council to reverse their decision, which is why I followed up with telling them that I believe that in Kingman there is a ton of talent among the various community groups that have all risen to express their concerns over growth related issues (especially revolving around the proposed traffic interchange and city owned lands near Kingman Crossing). That I hoped that council would allow for the talent to get together and clear the air amongst ourselves and bring forth a solution that would appeal to all.

I wanted to make what I was saying as positive as possible. I will be contacting the various community groups to see if they are interested in doing what I just outlined.

That was part of what I had offered to the local newspaper on Sunday morning. I still plan on sharing that with the readers here at some point.

I should also note that during the meeting I took a call from my sister that is in the process of moving to Las Vegas from Hawaii. She informed me that her and her husband will be making me an uncle for the second time!!

Update:

Here is the link to the video of last nights meeting.

No comments: