Monday, June 04, 2007

Local City Manager article...

Here is the article the Miner did on the Kingman City Manager.

I'm sorry but I still find this hilarious...

...making jokes about boring council meetings and "snoring" when members of Residents Against Irresponsible Development, a city watchdog group, address Council.

... even though it has nothing to do with the real story here.

It is time for the City Manager to explain his side of things, in my opinion. His effort to do such things would be aided if the city had a public relations director or spokesperson (to my knowledge there is no such thing here).

The City Manager will have his review this Friday, but it will be behind closed doors in executive session of the City Council. There has to be a response from the city -- if not the City Manager on all of this. The community is extremely fired up right now and I don't see the mood changing if the city continues to offer nothing in the face of the criticism.

I'm not on the bandwagon calling for the firing of the City Manager at this time, but I am wanting a response. It's well past time to answer some important questions. The community hangs in the balance and I certainly want to know that we have the right people working in our best interests moving forward.

No comments: