Friday, June 08, 2007

City Council Backs City Manager Beecher...

I spent the whole morning down at the city office to witness the results of the job review of the embattled city manager. The mayor just announced that they will keep Mr. Beecher.

I didn't stick around to ask questions (I'm not a journalist). Including my wife and I, there were four other citizens, one police officer, and two members of the local media in attendance.

The local reactions should be interesting from here on out. Local developers did not want this result, neither did RAID members, and I know some REALTOR Members won't be happy either (please notice I did not say Association... as the Association had no position on this matter).

I believe there is going to be some backlash against city council for this result... and I'll even throw out the word 'recall' election (although that is the last thing that I would want to see).

Update:

Watch video here.

It's only a couple of minutes long.


No comments: