Thursday, June 26, 2008

What to do on a Thursday evening in Kingman??

Tonight I find my schedule lacking. The first half of the softball season is over (only took one throw that skipped off the field in front of me in the face so far this year) and I thought that I'd hit the town tonight.

My first thought was to check out a new movie at the cinema... but gas is $4 bucks a gallon and the closest first run movie theater is in Nevada which would cost me about a quarter tank and an additional hours worth of drive time... so that is out the window.

Then I thought maybe I'll do some shopping for some good name brand clothing, but again that would mean a trip out of town (probably to Havasu) to the NEW mall... gas at $4 bucks a gallon, yadda yadda yadda. So that is out.

So what to do... what to do??

Hey, I got it. I read that there is a town hall meeting slated for this evening and it is being hosted by those rascally community defenders against slaughterhouses and tattoo parlors. Sounds like the kind of entertainment that money can't buy to me.

The subject matter this evening apparently will be those 'impact fees' that have become a very popular point of contention since they were implemented a couple of years ago.

Hot damn!! A RAID meeting and 'impact fees'. I know the out of town readers are jealous and no doubt depressed that they'll miss the fun and games.

If you are in town, and out of entertainment options youreslf, why not come by the old Elk's building that is located downtown on the corner of Fouth and Oak streets?? Should beat an errant throw bouncing off your face (I'll let you know for sure tomorrow).

No comments: