Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My election season rules at MOCO...

Hey folks, just as the newspaper headline said today... the campaign is on. Last nights forum was an interesting experience for me personally and I expect other such events will also be covered by the media with quotes from candidates and possibly editorials/opinions... and even letters to the editor.

I have told folks that I intend to use this blog to help me get my message out during the campaign. I see this site as an asset for communication purposes. My hope is that anyone who wishes will join any discussion on these political topics, will do so... even if their position is in opposition of my own.

However, I will not allow anyone to comment about other candidates in a negative personal manner. This site will not be used for 'politics of personal destruction'. I ask you all to please refrain from commenting negatively about the person (candidate). That is my limitation, nothing personal in the form of an attack against somebody. Zero -- zilch -- nada.

Comments that fall into a personal attack category will simply be deleted.

I have no problem with any comments that may happen to disagree with something a candidate says or stands for (that includes whatever I say or stand for). You are free to disagree and discuss the politics all you want as long as you keep it on that level.

Discussion about the issues is paramount at this time in this community. Often I find very worthy while discussions when there is disagreement and, to me, that is a good byproduct when there is opposition.

I expect that there will be comments left here that disagree with me and my views and as long as there is a respectful tone in the back and forth... it will be 'all good'.

To other candidates for mayor and council... feel free to post on this site if you want. If you do, all I ask is that you use your real name and include your email so that I can verify that it is you leaving the comment and not someone else who is up to no good or could harm your good name.

I will still use this site to perhaps disagree with another candidate, but only so far as what is presented either in the papers or other media or events. If I do disagree, it won't be on a personal nature... it will be on what was said or what was presented.

I don't think there is a bad candidate for either office that is running in the upcoming election, last night I felt as if Kingman was very lucky to have the citizens it has step up for consideration to serve by the will of the residents.

To everyone, please help me by respecting these simple rules during the campaign. Let's all feel free to discuss the issues as we see them, if we are different on the issues... so let it be. Let's move the discussion forward as best we can and simply agree to disagree when we can't.

Thank you.

No comments: