Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mayors race is getting heated up...

I attended the forum last night for the hopefuls for Kingman's next Mayor, hosted by the Praise Chapel.

First off, great event hosted by Pastor Pennington. Beautiful setting that accommodated the largest audience to date in the current election cycle. I was really grateful for the impeccable audio system that allowed me to actually hear 100% of the content that was offered by the candidates. The format was also top notch, with only three candidates up on stage I thought that each had a chance to fully articulate on the issues and questions that were offered.

Each candidate was graceful towards each other and the tone of this election so far has had that feel even among candidates for Council. This really is an issues election, it's business... not personal.

However, one candidate last night did make some very provocative statements... and drew a big round of applause when he was finished. The reactions to what was said will no doubt be interesting in the coming days. Clearly, a line was drawn in the sand.

Unfortunately, I do not have a transcript or access to another means of recording of the event so I will not attempt to quote or even paraphrase what was said by any particular candidate last night. I will link to any article that may appear that might have those statements when they are available.

I will say that I do agree that much of what was said was needed to be said... finally.

No comments: