Friday, December 08, 2006

Sharp dressed man...

I'll be heading to Phoenix today for my first meeting as a member of the Governmental Key Result Area (GKRA) work group (think committee). It is a state level appointment and I'm honored to have been asked to participate for the new year. Today's meeting was called to review the results of the recent elections in Arizona and the impacts it will have on the real estate industry into next year and so on.

Now, I'm all of 35 years old... I've been in this business now since 2001... I'm barely heading into my prime earning years. When I read the names of the other members of the committee I realize that I just can't go waltzing in all willy nilly like I own the place. The current members have plenty of time served and experience in serving the Association... and I add to it that the members also have many years of success behind their own business. I'd probably qualify as the doorman, maybe, as compared to this group. So I dressed up today. Shiny shoes, dress shirt, sport coat, and nice trousers... complete sellout (but I've already had one compliment so far this morning, so I got that going for me).

So I'll be out the rest of the day. The floor is yours.

No comments: