Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I think I messed up...

This past year locally in Kingman we had a mayoral election. At the time leading up to the election I was supporting the then current mayor, Monica Gates. I had a nice conversation with her shortly before the election and she had said that I might want to consider submitting an application for the city planning and zoning commission. So without haste I filled out the necessary forms and dropped off the application.

Then the election came and went... and Monica Gates lost the election. I remember thinking before the election that I would remind Mrs. Gates that I applied for P&Z and what I could do to make my chances better at getting the appointment. I figured that she would help guide me in the right direction.

But again, she lost the election.... and since then I have apparently forgot that I applied to P&Z. Today a fellow Realtor Member told me that she saw that I had applied for P&Z. I asked how she knew about this and she told me that she saw the article in the local paper.

The applicants are: Janie Lynn Daughtrey, Mike Blair, Ronald Tanner, Todd William Tarson and John Kermit Roddy.

The Commission will recommend two candidates to fill the positions to City Council.

Council is expected to make the appointments during its Dec. 18 meeting.

Each term on the commission lasts three years.

Also...

Tarson is a local Realtor. He has served on the board of directors for the Kingman/Golden Valley Association of Realtors and is currently the president of the association. He has also served on the Arizona Professional Standards Committee for Realtors.

Tarson wrote on his application, "This city needs uniformed standards for growth to ensure the best for all that live in the community. Current property owners and future property owners deserve a better standard as this city grows, and I want to be a positive part of that."


Oh great, the commission meeting was last night... I find out about the commission meeting today. I've never been through this kind of process before, I'm completely green. I guess I may have missed an opportunity to make an impression on would be fellow commissioners. I'm thinking that I may be out of the running. Maybe I'll know what to do the next time.

No comments: