Sunday, December 17, 2006

Holiday party conversations...

Contrary to real estate bloggers everywhere, a positive outlook on real estate continues to be a hot topic of discussion at the holiday parties I've attended so far.

I've made a conscious effort this year to listen rather than give my opinions on matters involving the future of real estate in our local area. I didn't even hype my new flat fee buyer services at all, I simply listened to what others (not in the RE biz) had to say.

Across the board the folks I talked with said that Kingman will continue to grow at a rapid pace in the years ahead. The reasons for this, though, were actually all over the place. I won't get into specifics on the reasons I heard. The only thing I countered anyone on was about new and higher paying jobs coming to the area. That is still my one worry for Mohave County as far as the future is concerned. Will there be new jobs?? Will they be higher paying jobs?? Still the key.

Overall though I enjoyed all of the real estate related conversations. I have a good feeling on how the community feels about the ghosts of real estate past, present, and future -- to borrow from the holiday Scrooge story. We all must learn from the recent past to deal with the present and to be hopeful for the future.

No comments: