Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring time in Kingman

Well... as promised, albeit very late, here are some photos I took while on the 'Monolith Loop' hiking trail with my wife a couple of weekends ago.


There were formations like this one all along the hike, this one was from a high point on the loop.




Here is another example of this kind of formation. There was another area that had many of these stand alone types that I did not manage a decent photo from. Interesting hike.




Lots of colors out in the spring bloom.




Another example of the colors seen.




I'm not a big fan of heights so this was the best perspective of this particular canyon I could manage.




Now my wife on the other hand, obviously has no fear of heights. I was nervous just taking this photo. She is sitting just next to a fall off cliff and I used telephoto to be even this close.




Just to prove that I was actually on this 3.5 hour hike.

No comments: