Friday, March 21, 2008

Prayers...

Soon after I first moved to Kingman, my wife and I joined a bowling league together. This is where I first met Mike and Barb Blair. Immediately I felt befriended by the Blair's. My wife has known the Blair's for many, many more years than I have lived in Kingman.

Mike has served on the Kingman Planning & Zoning for quite some time and has recently resigned that position for family matters.

Last week, unfortunately, Mike's wife of over 30 years passed away after a long battle with illness.

I consider the Blair's friends of mine and I am saddened by this loss. Every time I saw Barb at places like the bowling alley, she insisted on a hug (and I'm not really the hugging kind of person). She always asked how I was doing and brought a smile to my face. The Blair's are very genuine and I'll always appreciate the friendly contribution they have made on my life.

God has eased her pain, but those left behind are feeling some from the loss. May God bless the Blair family at this time. Thank you Barb for all the smiles, laughs, and friendship.

Barbara Ann (Barb) Blair

Barbara Ann (Barb) Blair passed away peacefully on March 13, 2008. Barb was born in Denver on April 8, 1948.

She is survived by her husband of 30 plus years, Mike; their daughter, Lana and her husband Todd; and her pride and joy, grandsons, Caleb and Logan. She is also survived by her sister, Sharon and her husband Keith Gates, and their daughters, Jessica and Vanessa and their families; also all the relatives in Minnesota and all her friends in Kingman.

There will be a Celebration of Life from noon until 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 22, at the Kingman Elks Lodge, 900 Gates Ave.

Please, in lieu of flowers, if you would like to make a donation to the Kingman Cancer Care Unit, their address is Kingman Cancer Care, P.O. Box 3014, Kingman, AZ 86402.

No comments: