Monday, March 05, 2007

Some R&R over the weekend...

Posting was light late last week as I was looking forward to hitting the lake for some fishing over the weekend. It was a good news/bad news weekend. The bad news was that the fish were not biting. The good news was that the weather was beautiful and I enjoyed each and every second I was out there.

My good buddy Art Garcia and I headed out to South Cove to launch on Lake Mead Saturday morning. We experienced some strong winds for some of the afternoon but everything seemed to calm down just nicely. I think it still may be a bit too early to land some largemouth bass (but we tried). The only fish we caught were of the striped bass variety and only did so down deep beyond 40 feet of water. I expect that the activity will pick up for both of these fish by the end of the month.

Here are some photos.

Photo above of the boat launch at South Cove.

After the winds calmed down I was able to get this photo.

Photo taken from the Nevada side looking back towards Arizona in the early evening.


Photo of just how much the water level has fallen over the last 6 or 7 years. We are hoping for a better run off this year to help raise the level a little.

No comments: