Saturday, March 31, 2007

A couple of ads to share

I will be running some of my listings in the local Real Estate Guide. The guide is choc-full of outdated listings (because deadlines are a month in advance).

Over the years I've had so-so success with this kind of advertising on behalf of my represented listings. Although, when I first started in this biz, I used to put a few bits of other information about me on my page. Used to have an in-action photo of me playing hockey, a nice photo of me and my wife, that kind of thing. I'd get people saying, "Hey, you are that guy in the picture playing hockey," or "Wow, I didn't you were married to her. I've known her for years." I placed photos of my wife in my ads because she has lived here in Kingman most of her life. The hockey photo was in place of listings that I didn't have at that point in my new career. But again, these more personal ads for whatever reason got response. More than the photos of the listings.

Clients love to see their homes advertised in the local Real Estate Guide. While it is likely that there is benefit from such advertising, it is hard to gauge the bang for the big bucks. When the market was piping hot I stopped advertising in this guide. By the time the guide hit the presses and was being delivered, most of my listings were already in contract. The guide became razor thin practically. Now it is thick again and the average time on market is well over 30 days (more like 4 months and beyond).

I've promised some of my clients that I would run ads for them in the guide in upcoming months. This gave me some time to think about including some other more personal bits to include on the pages once again. No, I'm not going to waste ad space with my hockey playing ability or put my wife through the "I didn't know you were in the real estate business" phone calls again.

Here are the ads that I am going to include...




Click on either to enlarge. It is my hope that I can draw more local readers to this blog and even to my sales website. I also am curious to see what kind of response the 'flat fee' ad might bring. I'd be thrilled to hear folks say that "You're the blog guy" or "You're the flat fee guy". After all I do think that if I get referred to as the above it would mean more to my business than "You're the hockey guy" or "You're the guy married to Gail" (which, honey, if you are reading make no mistake that I will always be thrilled to be THAT guy who is married to Gail).

No comments: