Monday, March 05, 2007

Adding a new voice to the blog...

Heck, it has almost been one year since I started this blog (March 27th will be the first such 'birthday' if you will of MOCO Real Estate News). In the last year I've had the pleasure of many visitors and readers to follow along with my posts, mostly regarding real estate related information.

Kingman and Mohave County are very unique locations. I have tried to give you some insight so that you may feel like you know this area (if you don't live around these parts), and have offered a clear picture of the market on an ongoing and consistent basis. I hope that March 27th comes and goes for many more years in the future with this blog still intact, with me contributing, and the visitors getting something out of the efforts.

Today I am joining other real estate blogs by bringing on an additional contributor. Some may know her already as she has been an actively contributed comments on many posts over the last year. So join me in welcoming Yvonne Reil to MOCO Real Estate News.

I've known Yvonne for the better part of three years since we both worked together at a different brokerage. When she started she picked up right away and became a solid producer. Her clients always seemed to enjoy working with Yvonne. You will find her contributing to the local REALTOR Association on the Bylaws Committee. Last year she chaired the committee and has agreed to do so again this year. I believe this is her third year on that committee in total and their efforts have been staggering from the amount of work the Board of Directors has given them over the years. Yvonne and I parted ways from that brokerage a couple of years ago and she moved on to the 'other' RE/MAX office in town and has continued her success.

One quick story... I found out one day, back when we worked at the same office, that we had similar interests in a certain musical group on accident. After one office meeting I carpooled with Yvonne and a couple of other ladies on the listing tour. As we approached one of Yvonne's listings, being the gentleman that I am, I offered to open the lock-box that was on a gate outside of a large parcel of land where the home was located. I didn't have my lock-box key with me so Yvonne gave me hers and told me the PIN number. Low and behold it was the same PIN I used for my lock-box key. Later on I asked her why she chose that particular number, and as it turns out it was the same reason I chose my number.

So maybe Yvonne and I think alike in some ways, but I'm sure she sees many things differently than I do regarding the real estate world. This is why I've invited her to post her thoughts on things as often as she would like to. While I still haven't come across any other agent or broker in the Mohave County area blogging, I do think other voices need to be heard. Please join the discussion no matter who may be bringing it to you.

Happy days!!

No comments: