Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Trying my hand at video

I certainly will not be confused with some big name film maker, Hollywood type. In fact this is nothing but a short silent film (at least it is in color).

I've been meaning to mess around with presenting a video of my listings and thought now was a fine time. I spent zero dollars to produce this. Actually I did buy the Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 along with the photo program that I use for my personal photo's at home, but I bought it so long ago I don't consider it an expense for this project.

I used my new Kodak EasyShare V570 for the video recording. Remember I bought this camera for wide angle views for my listings. If I end up liking the video stuff I will certainly buy a more proper video recording device.

Well here is the vid...



Now I post this here simply because I'm looking for some input. I also have this posted on my other blog that I have started for the purpose of featuring my listings. I do try to keep my intention of not using this here blog for marketing efforts. But please check out the video.

My problems for now are that the camera records in MOV files. Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 can handle the editing of the MOV files... but dang it is slow and a burden on my office PC. I like the Elements program other than that. I'm better with Windows Movie Maker, the program that came with my version of Windows, however it does not edit MOV files. I know there are programs that convert MOV to AVI or WMV but I wonder if I lose video quality when converted.

This project took up most of my afternoon yesterday. It probably took an hour to shoot the video, another two hours to edit, and easily another couple of hours to render the video (to me that seems really slow). I uploaded to YouTube last night and now have posted it to both of my blogs.

The weather didn't do me any favors yesterday either. It was cloudy and windy (where did my blue sky's go??). Again, this is mainly just a test run. I think I can do better. I would love to add audio (but the camera is a bit limited with audio... especially when it is windy).

I would love to offer this kind of service to my clients, as long as it looks legit and will make a marketing difference.

No comments: