Monday, February 19, 2007

What a few Members are saying about WARDEX

All right boys and girls, how about a little insight into what is on the minds of the Members of WARDEX -- the newly formed regional data exchange (formerly known as MLS). I'm about to let you in on what the outside world cannot see. The new program that manages the data exchange has a small bulletin board where brokers and agents can post such information as price reductions, open house info, wants and needs related to clients... and as you will see is also being used to disparage the system itself. I'm removing the names of agents that may be included and any other product name mentioned... but I'm leaving the spelling and grammar.

Here we go...

We need to do something we as agents pay for the MLS and we are the ones loosing money. Someone start a petition and fax to all offices for signatures. I HATE WARDEX!!!!! Post a bullition if you agree!


Personally, I have had my own trial and tribulations with the new system. However I'm finding more and more of the time the troubles I experience are user error. When I've had the chance to sit down and mess with the system (one that allows for plenty of customization), I've come out actually impressed with the features.

Has anyone mentioned lately how much they hate this lousy system? How about loading pictures 43 trillion times before it works?


I'll admit that the way the system manages photo uploading is less than desirable. If I upload a photo right now, it is likely not to appear for at least 15 minutes to an hour. Some Members have told me that it is impossible to upload multiple photos at the same time. I haven't had the same problem but I suspect it is a real problem and the vendor needs to fix it.

If you hate Wardex TELL YOUR BOARD!!! Post a I hate wardex bulletin!!!


Tell the Board?? That would be a first. Every month there is an open meeting and last month was the first time we had attendance by any other Member than those who make up the Board of Directors. How about getting involved yourselves?? There are nine of us on the Board that are doing the heavy lifting... on a volunteer basis. You really want to know who is losing money?? Show up at a meeting and let your voices be heard, quit playing tough guy from behind your keyboard.

This program is NOT user frienly. Kicks you out in the middle of the continious listing input and ask you to log in again!!!There is no such thing as "Quick" anything when you are in a hurry to help a client.


Haven't seen this one myself. But when the program was logging me off back in late October I came to find out that my browser wasn't 'optimized' -- whatever that means. Since that time I ran the diagnostics that optimized the browser and since haven't been logged off. Just sayin'.

Quit being SILENT if you hate Wardex. There must be SOMETHING we can do..... COMPLAIN, KICK & BITE - WE WANT THE (old vendor) MLS WE USED TO HAVE!!!!


Kick and bite?? Are we being physically threatened?? It has been said that I've shown that I have thick skin over the past year and a half since I've been working on this project... looks like I may actually need that thick skin.

I agree with _______'s and ________'s remarks concerning (the new vendor) and I totally agree with them. Is there any interest out there to call a membership meeting and take a vote to cancel it? We never realized how good we had it with (the old vendor).


I'll say it again, there are some challenges that remain with our new system. Some of it is on the new vendor, some of it is on what the Board of Directors settled on for the new data fields... and plenty of it is on each and every Member that puts in crappy data that is rendered practically unusable by the new system. Also keep in mind that we merged three different sets of data with three different set of rules into one new system. Many that I've talked to in data management said that conversions like this are never pretty, and from what I've seen nothing that we've done would appear in a sports magazine swimsuit edition.

I agree! Lets go back to the old MLS. Worked just fine for me. Worked great in the car. WE PAY WE SHOULD HAVE A SAY!!! Or just email out your buyers and details (to agents)and who ever has matching properties can respond until this is fixed. nOt


Who says you do not have a say?? And you are right -- you do pay. For this I can be sure, for what you have to say you surely will pay a much higher cost in order to cancel our existing contract and go back or settle on any other system. It also will likely cost some other Member plenty of business as well (as I know all too well), since it won't be me freely giving of my time to head back to the drawing board.

And also to be totally factual here, none of the Members of my local Association have paid one cent towards the cost of the new system. The annual bill does not get sent out until some time in April and is not due until the end of May of this year. This fact may not apply to Members of the other local Boards.

Now all I can offer to the wise and most humble of Members (sarcasm here) that took the time to utilize the bulletin board to complain about WARDEX is that much of what is written is already known and fellow Members are making every effort to correct the inefficiencies of the system... on a purely voluntary basis. Any offer to help by any other Member would gladly be appreciated by those that have been working to produce a reliable program for over a year now.

Keep in mind that while the three local Associations own WARDEX, it is actually controlled by the broker-Members. An agent that is having difficulty may want to see his or her broker and ask that the broker do something about the problems they may be facing.

As stated earlier, each time I use the new system I get a little better with it, it becomes more comfortable. I believe that I'll be checking out the next offering of training just to get some more tips to help my progress along.

To my clients and any potential clients... I know the new system well enough and am capable of correctly listing your property on the data exchange in a manner that is easily search able, even for these other Members that haven't quite grasped basic computer skills. You may want to ask your prospective agent or broker how well they utilize the new system before signing that six-month listing agreement.

No comments: