Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I am being courted...

A real estate web services provider contacted me yesterday about perhaps changing my sales site provider. I get calls like this occasionally, in fact this particular vendor (Z57) has called me numerous times over the years.

I've agreed to a phone meeting for tomorrow to see what they have in mind as far as improved Internet presence and the like.

If you have any experience with this company feel free to leave a comment for discussion. Maybe offer me some advice as to what to expect.

Currently I am content with my sales site. It is not the best thing since sliced bread or anything like that, but I think it does what I need it to do. I don't feel as any sales sites are all that important any longer. My hits to the my sales site have gone up dramatically since I started blogging. To me the blog offers fresh content and information that visitors can use for their own purposes. The sales site offers up my services, but I've never been under the impression that any visitor to that site will come back again and again like they might on this blog.

I'm just not sure that I'd want to spend probably even more money than I currently am for an 'improved' sales site.

Update dated 3/1/2007

Well I had a nice long phone conversation with the representative from Z57. First my rep was a very good salesperson, he asked me all the proper leading questions and pre-closed throughout the conversation. I told him up front that his product would have to knock my socks off for me to change vendors today. I also told him that every two bit agent has a website this day and age and that I generally don't like (what I call them) 'sales' sites all that much. I let him know about my blog and the success I've had with it as compared to my own sales site.

We went round and round the whole time. But he helped me define what I am looking for that would indeed make my sales site something worth being excited about, but presently he could not offer me such a product.

What I want is this.

I want my website visitors to be able to search for all listings on a map in the manner anyone can do on the linked site above. This is what I will be working to offer as quickly as I can (if I can even afford it).

No comments: