Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Big Game Today...

I'm not expecting much traffic at the site today with it being game day and all, but I might as well offer my prediction on today's events.

First as an Eagles fan... I hate both teams. I hate practically every other team in the league, but the Pat's beat the Birds a few years back in the Big Game and the Giants play my team at least twice a year every year... and they are punks... alright, they really aren't punks per se, but they made the Eagles look bad twice this year and I'm not over it yet.

My Dad is from Brooklyn and is a Giants fan... although he lives in Florida now and I have heard him refer to 'his' Tampa Bay Buccaneers when they beat the Eagles the year the Bucs won the Big Game. If the Giants win, I may get a call asking if I watched 'his' Giants win the game. To beat him to the punch, if the Giants look like they are going to win the game I will most likely call him and ask how 'his' Bucs are doing... however if the Pats are winning he will likely call me to say that 'his' Bucs are going to be good next year.

Across the street I have a neighbor that is from Boston. She travels back to that part of the country every now and then and always brings me a gift of some sort that is sports team related. Oh I have Tom Brady stuff, Boston Red Sox World Series tee-shirts, and Boston Bruins related material. All of it is great stuff, all of it is appreciated, and all of it reminds me that most of my teams from Philly stink. Still those tee-shirts come in handy over the summer when I am asked to mow the lawn in her back yard and take care of her tortoise... Mertle the Turtle. I mean I can't get caught in public with a Bruins shirt on. Philly fans have been known to eat their own if they see any disloyalty amongst the ranks.

As a fan, I truly am without a team for this game.

I will probably find myself rooting for the Giants today (I just feel dirty even typing that). If I was heading down to a sports book in Laughlin, I'd probably put a small amount of money on the money line for the Giants... maybe $20.

I hope the game comes down to the fourth quarter with some drama. After all the Pats are going for an undefeated season and that would be an incredible feat. Maybe that situation puts some pressure on the all world QB that dates all the hot chicks. I'd like to see some sort of proof the guy is human on the football field... even if he looks mortal for a few plays then puts his superhero cape back on and wins the game at the end (like he's done on other Super Sunday's).

So I'm predicting drama in the game.

I have the Giants winning 34 to 30 with Brady throwing a pick late in the fourth quarter in the red zone driving for the winning score.

Please note, I admit that I have no talent at picking correct results of games like this.

Hope you have a great day, be safe.

No comments: