Monday, January 08, 2007

Anti-growth group in Kingman...

I'm really not in a position to do a write up on this group as of yet, but there is a local group of citizens that are out to put a halt to growth in the Kingman area -- it seems.

Here is a link to an article that I wanted to share (before the link is gone forever. The local fishrag doesn't like to play nice with their web content... here today, gone forever the next day... if updated).

I got a call from another agent in my Association about this group last month and was asked to look into perhaps using Association resources to fight back against this group. After reading this article I'm thinking that something has to be done, however I need to look into this particular issue some more.

I'm all for citizens groups rising up to affect the change they want to see, but I won't sit by and let an anti-growth group bully the city council and the city P&Z this way. The most politically active group in Kingman just happens to be anti-growth types at the moment. I want to use this blog and local Realtor resources to fight these groups. I'll be on this one and report on this at a later time.

No comments: