Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm posting these GIS maps to help you better understand my local market and from where I do my data research that I share with you.

First, below is a Mohave County and as you can see the purple area is basically the reach of the Association I belong to. Apparently it also includes Colorado City with I think doesn't show on the map. It is even further to the north.

My fellow REALTORS in my local Association have quite a diverse landscape for doing business. Of course most of this area is undeveloped land. But there are many folks who will call a REALTOR to either help them find or sell a home or property in these far reaching places. Some REALTORS even specialize in the far off communities.



Now on this map below I've circled the area's from which my data searches come from. As you can see I pull the information from a much smaller land area than what my local Association covers. Are there SFR's outside of these circled area's? Yes for sure there are. However there are many different factors that make including these places difficult when it comes to comparisons. For example some that live in fine SFR's outside my search area are on multiple acres with or without fencing, with or without other improvements like barns and corrals for animals or multi car garage's or workshops. Still others live off the grid and generate their own power, while some drill for wells while others have water delivered to them. Just too many variables for me to include.



The map below show the city boundaries of Kingman in yellow. I include the area in purple because it is so close to Kingman and there are plenty of SFR's. An area that locals call Butler falls in this purple area. Butler is probably 80% mobile homes on about 5,000 square foot lots. In that area there are SFR's and this area probably has the least expensive homes found on my searches. Well this area and old downtown area that is the southwestern most area in the yellow area.

However, also in the purple area is a very successful subdivision known as Chaparal Mesa. The average price of homes in that area is around $220,000 and many listings and sales happen in that subdivision on a monthly basis.


Finally on the map below is a closer look at Valle Vista. Another subdivision I include on my data searches. It's all SFR out there. That subdivision has water, power, and phone service but not gas or cable. Still it is another popular area with many transactions each month that reflect what I consider good data to include.



I hope these maps have helped you get a bit more familiar with the area I live and work in.

No comments: