Friday, May 26, 2006

Memorial Day..




In my recent trip to DC I was able to take some shots like these. At the time I wasn't even thinking of Memorial Day. Today I am though. This weekend is not just three days off from work. With many brave and honorable soldiers serving our country all over the world today we must not forget the sacrifice they make for us.

A big thank you to all that have served us and who are continuing to serve this great country.

I've been to DC a couple of times to see these monuments and the Korean War Monument is my favorite. Those soldiers in the field in all of their gear... something about it stir's me when I am there. However, each time I started the walk along the Wall at the Vietnam War Memorial I can't help to get choked up a bit as I walk along. The wall becomes larger vertically and when you start to see the names multiply in front of you... it's moving.

This is my simple tribute to all the brave men and women in the armed forces. It simply won't ever be enough.

Thank you.

No comments: