Friday, May 25, 2007

About those city emails...

Yesterday I obtained a copy of some of the emails from city of Kingman staff, fellow Realtor Scott Dunton was nice enough to give me the information. Mr. Dunton was also nice enough to have multiple conversations with me about his views on what is happening at city hall.

Scott has a hockey players mentality (and this is a good thing in my opinion). I've played and/or followed the sport of hockey for most of my life, Scott reminds me of legendary player Phil Esposito. 'Espo' was known for being a no nonsense kind of player that seemingly always got the job done (a prolific scorer that is in the Hockey Hall of Fame). When I'm in my car I listen to the hockey channel on XM Radio and Phil Esposito hosts one of the shows on there and -- to me -- Scott and Phil are easily cut from the same cloth (again this is not a bad thing). Since his playing days 'Espo' has gone on to have success in business and similarly my guess is that Mr. Dunton is very successful in business as well.

I do plan on sharing the information that Scott Dunton has given me with the Government Affairs Committee at my local Realtor Association.

I was also planning on sharing the information here on this blog for everyone to see. However, with all the stuff that has been going on lately (like RAID saying that what I post here reflects on KGVAR) I've decided that I won't post it here. I didn't do the research after all and I don't have the entire load of emails that were paid for by local developer Travin Pennington (heck, Travin doesn't even have them all).

What I did get is compelling no doubt, and I am willing to share with any reader exactly what I do have. However, if you want the information I'll want you to leave a comment requesting them first and then I will send you back the files you want to see via email. I'll have more on that in just a bit.

I'm reserving my comments and judgments on this information, for the simple reason that I'm not a player in any of it.

I clearly see Mr. Dunton's side of things for his criticism's of the city manager in regards to Dunton's bidding on the city owned well sites at the Rhodes Homes development in Golden Valley. While I've heard Scott's side of things, I haven't heard any other side though and because of that I'm not going to add my two cents to this provocative issue (actually I've been avoiding the whole 'well sites' story all together). But I have a copy of those emails from the city and I'll send you the file if you'd like.

I also have the emails that pertain to Kingman Crossing. These are also very provocative, but I have to question; is all of this in the right context?? Do we have the full picture?? This is not criticism of the information that was given to me or of the folks that gave it to me... it's just the first thing that crossed my mind as I read the stuff. I'd rather let you decide for yourself.

Also I understand that the local newspaper will be doing a major news story about this subject matter in Sunday's edition. I think it will touch on the city manager's past in other cities he has worked for as well and how it may compare with what may be happening here in Kingman. Now I don't always trust the media, of course, but it will be interesting to see if they manage to get all sides to the story on this or if it will just be like the 60 Minutes hit piece against Realtors that ran a couple of weeks ago. I hope it is the former and not the latter.

Edit to the above paragraph... I misunderstood what I read in the paper. The Miner will be doing a report THE Sunday before the city manager has his review with City Council.

I must say again that I know of other well respected residents of Kingman that are calling for the removal of the city manager (including some Members of KGVAR). They make a compelling case and because of what they have told me if I had to vote right now on firing the city manager, I'd vote in favor of dismissal. But still, I don't have all sides to the story and I want to as fair as I can.

I can leave my office right now and find one person that supports the city leaders and city staff, while in the next moment find someone that is in opposition (although I don't think it is a 50/50 split). I just want to let YOU decide and not dictate to you. You look at the data and come up with your own conclusion.

So here we are. After all the discussion I had with Scott Dunton it brings me back to the hockey player Phil Esposito comparison. I'm sure that Scott, like Phil, would earnestly tell me to just link the damn files for all to see already. Big power forwards have that kind of scorers mentality, it is what they do. Pretty goals, ugly goals, timely goals... guys like that just get it done and expect the same from everyone else. Well I'm a goalie and goalies are different (and a bit crazy in the head). So after a long day thinking about this, instead of linking to the files I will happily share them with you if you leave a comment.

When you leave a comment be sure to have a valid email address and I'll send the files to that email address. Let me know if you want the 'well sites' or 'Kingman Crossing' emails or both. I'll be in my office Saturday morning till the early afternoon before leaving to enjoy some of the holiday weekend. I'll get you the information as fast as I can.

The documents I received seemed to be a copy from an original that included highlights on some of the text. The text is not blacked out, it's just the quality of the copy is not that great. I scanned the hard copy on to my computer. When you open the PDF file(s) you may have to zoom in on some of that text to read it. Zooming in worked for me when I reviewed the scanned documents.

No comments: