Thursday, April 30, 2009

Holy Moses!!

Last week I put up a post about the demise of a proposed interchange project in the Kingman area. I'm not going to dwell on that bit of information and simply say it is what it is.

However, according to the article that covered the news of ADOT pulling the project off their 5 year plan (at least for now) there was this nugget of what I consider good news...

Fortunately for Kingman, at least one local ADOT project remains funded and will see completion sometime this summer. The repaving of the city's section of Interstate 40 from Holy Moses Wash to Rattlesnake Wash is scheduled to go out to bid on May 18, and will be awarded at the June 17 board meeting. Once the bid has been awarded, Beggs said, the pavement preservation should begin within a month.


And you know what, I'll take it. The stretch of Interstate 40 through Kingman is in horrible condition. I've recently traveled the entire length of I40 in Arizona and truly, this stretch is by far the worst. It is probably dangerous to a higher degree as well, it certainly cannot be good on tires or for vehicles.

So at least that bit of news is encouraging.

No comments: