Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I did not know this...

I was reading an article about the weather we are currently having here in Kingman. It's the monsoon season and we have seen late day storms in and around the area for a couple of weeks now.

What I didn't know is that a person could be struck by lighting and not even know it. Here, read the article right here. I'll copy the passage I am referring to below.

"Flooding is the number one killer and lightning is the number one unknown killer," said Faith Borden, a staff meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Las Vegas.

"The problem is people may be struck by lightning and not know anything about it. They may suffer its effects for months or years without knowing it."


When I think about being struck by lighting I think of the image to the right. I would think that being struck by a bolt of lighting comes with very painful clarity of the situation... if one survives the blast.

For years I've read that people have died or have been badly injured when faced with being zapped.

Does anyone know about the condition the person quoted above is referring to?? I've not heard it before.

I think I may have been effected by a lighting strike now come to think of it. It was when I first laid my eyes on my wife. I didn't think I felt anything at first, but since then I've been gladly suffering the great effects that came along with that moment.

Yet, I don't think this is what the person quoted above is referring to.

No comments: