Monday, July 16, 2007

Divorcing commissions

I've been offering my buyer clients an opportunity to negotiate 'my' commission that 'they' pay when purchasing a home or property.

Of course right now there aren't that many buyers to work with.

Yes, I'm talking about my flat fees.

Many, especially in the real estate business, will argue that the seller pays all the commissions because they agree to pay their listing broker all the commissions, and thereby agree to compensate a buyers broker out of those commissions.

Yeah, traditionally, I agree.

I'm not traditional.

Follow this link to see some shared information on this 'divorced commission' idea by one of the folks that have inspired me to offer my clients a flat fee to represent them.

Hopefully more buyers will hear about how they may be able to save on fees for their representation (or at least get a better value for that representation) and the little revolution in my industry will be on.

No comments: