Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One year ago today...

I almost forgot, today is the first birthday of this place I call MOCO Real Estate News. Just some little blog way out here in the Arizona desert just humming along.

Things have changed since my first post.

One thing that I have discovered about blogging in real estate, it is an ever evolving activity. I still can't figure out HTML language no matter how hard I try, but overall I have been pleased with the results from my efforts. I think of this place as the little blog that could, and it is my hope to continue along for many other such anniversary dates like today.

While I do not really know what the future holds for blogging, all I can do now is look back. When I do, I see that I have made some blogging friends and through those relationships I have learned a great deal about the real estate business. Most of my idea's for this place, and my business, have been spawned from other ideas that I have seen throughout the real estate blogosphere.

I think this will end up becoming a valuable medium for the kind of information that real people are looking for when they want to know more about real estate; locally for sure and even on a larger scale.

I will continue to inform you on issues that pertain to real estate (such as my monthly sales reports), a look into leadership dealings at the Association levels I'm involved in (local Association, state Association, national, and even our own newly formed regional MLS). Plus as always I look for more ways to challenge the 'norm' from within the industry. How to make it more transparent to help the public and even other Realtors and licensee's. No you don't always have to agree with me and you are most invited to give me a piece of your mind in the comments section at any time you feel the need to let your own voice to be heard.

I love this business, truly, and I love the community I belong to. I've been actively involved in many local issues politically and I can see that these activities will only multiply going forward, so I hope you check in from time to time to see what all the local 'hub-bub' is about. These are very important times in our city and county. Land ownership and private property rights are still a very big interest to me and you will continue to see my opinions on these issues.

I would like to thank so many people who have indirectly helped me during the last year (and sometimes directly helped me). Mostly other bloggers and I'll get to them. But many of you have called or emailed me to let me know you that you read this blog and have come to enjoy it. I love to hear that this place has been 'bookmarked' in your favorites. It is a huge honor to me when I read or hear of such things. Please help me continue to spread the word about a little blog that does its best to offer information that is so hard to find in other venues, especially locally.

Very special thanks to the following...

The gang at BloodhoundBlog. Greg and Cathleen are simply the best and will never know how much it meant to me for all of their help over the time I have had the pleasure of knowing them. Of course they are the big dogs for a reason. They have it together. A million thanks will never be enough for you folks.

Jay Thompson at Phoenix Real Estate Guy. His was the first real real estate blog that I found in Arizona when I first got the wild notion to perhaps start a blog of my own. His blog proved to me that it is certainly worth while to give this thing a shot.

Jeff Brown at Bawldguy Talking. He has always left comments frequently here and has taken the time to say some nice things about my writing. I read him plenty because I want to know what he is teaching about investing and retiring on passive income. There will come a day when I will probably want to be a client of his, especially if I'm not getting to where I want to be without his help.

Greg Tracy at BlueRoof.com Blog. I once left a comment on his site and about 20 minutes later I received a phone call from him and we had a nice conversation about the industry and blogging. I felt like I belonged after that phone call. Plus the fact that he has the exact kind of real estate website that I want to copy. Totally first rate and someday (when I have the cash needed) I will copy (something I learned while in college, even though I did not graduate).

Ardell DellaLoggia of Rain City Guide and her own ARDELL'S Seattle Area Real Estate Blog. When I first started commenting on other blogs, she was the one writer that would take on the issues that I brought up. It made for exciting banter back and forth for me and she really did help open my eyes to some extraordinary customer service ideas. I'd hire her to be my representative for real estate needs. Also at RCG I'll thank Dustin Luther. I had the chance to meet him at last years NAR convention and I have to admit it was like meeting a rock star or star athlete, because that is what he is among real estate bloggers.

Mike Price of Mike's Corner. Mike proved to me how small the world can be made because of blogging as he introduced me to a title company general manager that just opened up shop here in Kingman recently. Friend of a friend really applies in blogging.

Tim Miner of InvestmentRiches.com. Tim is a dear friend of mine from back in the day when I lived the single life in Las Vegas. Tim has gone on to some wild success as a lender and started his site for networking for real estate investors. He asked me to write for his site about Kingman and by doing so it really got me into the blogging mentality. I no longer write for InvestmentRiches but the experience has led me on the path I am on now.

Dean Esmay of Dean's World. This was the first 'blog' I ever read -- that I know of. I don't know Dean and have never even commented on his blog. I found his blog searching about some political issue. I can't remember what the issue was but I was left reading the other articles he posted and just have never stopped visiting. His blog has been bookmarked longer than any other blog in my favorites. He has a mostly political site but intermingles plenty of his own personal life and very strong opinions in his writing, and I know that is something that I have tried to emulate here.

Oh I'll forget many but let me add Jim Duncan at Real Central VA, Jim Cronin at The Real Estate Tomato, Athol Kay of RE Agent in CT, Merv Forney at Northern Virginia Real Estate Guide, and Diane Cohn at Reno Realty Blog.

Heck and just for giggles I'll even thank the HousingPanic blog. Not because it is all that great, but because I continue to go back and read that train-wreck of poor propaganda pieces. Keep up the hate Keith, it fits you so well.

Lastly, but not least-ly, I want to thank Yvonne for agreeing to become a contributor on this blog. From the beginning I have noticed she was a reader and left comments. I have the utmost respect for her because of how she does business in real estate and because she has always been the type of Realtor that lends a helping hand at the local Association. She is a true asset to the direction this blog may be headed in, and to the community at large.

So far the journey has been incredible. Now, let's see where the next year takes us.

Happy Birthday MOCO Real!!

No comments: